Friday, May 3, 2013

Don't Quit Your Day Job

This is a still from my dark humor/drama Don't Quit Your Day Job about an aspiring singer/songwriter who travels to LA to fulfill her dream of becoming a superstar only to find that she is completely without talent and self-identity. 

4 comments:

  1. A lovely image, Katie. For me, it brings to mind the stylistics of *By Hook or By Crook* in that the colors--the dominant blues and blacks--feel very documentary-like. I see something of the road movie in this shot, too. So perhaps it might engage with the kind of genre revisions we see in *Hook* and *My Own Private Idaho*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I was going for! I am so glad that it translated; By Hook or By Crook was the main inspiration I had for my still. Yay!

      Delete
  2. There is an edginess to this still. Perhaps this is due to the stark contrasts between the sunlight and shadows on the road. For me, it conveys a sort of dangerous energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very simple yet interesting photo. I cannot tell if it is intended but I see a lot of blue, possibly signifying a sulllen mood. Although the person looks like they are having a tough time, it looks like they are swinging their instrument back and forth, still finding the positives in their life.

    ReplyDelete