My final still is from a horror movie that centers a psychotic killer who stalks and kills women. This particular one of his victims is found inside a dumpster after being strangled. In my shot I focused on the male gaze and scopophilia. The women is played by Adrien Hoff.
disturbing image. I think it does a good job embodying the male gaze.
ReplyDeleteI like how this image definately encompasses ideas that would be found within a horror movie and how we do see that punishing aspect of the male gaze and scopophilia within the picture. As a side note I also like how this picture was centered. Very well done. -LV
ReplyDeleteI like how the woman's eyes are closed, therefore she cannot look back at us in order to flip the gaze from male to female. If she could, she would ultimately transform her killer into a monster, but unfortunately, she must remain the victim forever. I like the single spotlight on her face, it makes the shot look like it was filmed in the dark with only a flashlight to guide you. It looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteI think it is interesting to look at this still as monster, if we assume the role of the killer in this shot, we are forced to see monster in ourselves. Just an interesting take on not only scoptophelia and male gaze, but also the monster. Nice job
ReplyDelete